Brûléed Hazelnut Custard French Toast
A spin on the viral TikTok recipe for Custard Toast, pound cake is the perfect richness to accommodate some extra cream on top in the form of this decadent hazelnut custard. Fancy it up with caramelized sugar so it can be served down at brunch or served up for dessert
- 6 slices of vanilla pound cake made with our My French Recipe baking mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 TBSP Angelina Paris Gianduja Spread Cream, slightly heated
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar, plus additional for topping
- Strawberries for garnish
- 1 Silpat half size baking mat
- 1 Silpat cook n cool
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare your perforated baking sheet, like the Silpat Cook N Cool, with your Silpat Half Size baking mat.
- Heat heavy cream over medium heat until bubbles begin to surface. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (5-8 minutes).
- Heat the Angelina Paris hazelnut spread in a microwave safe dish for 15-30 seconds and set aside.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until light yellow then add the hazelnut spread.
- Add about ⅓ cup of the cooled cream to the hazelnut mixture, whisk together, then pour into the cream. Stir to combine.
- Place your pound cake slices on the Silpat. With the back of a spoon, lightly press into the cake to create space for the custard.
- Pour custard mixture on top of the cake until the slices are covered.
- Move tray to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the custard has set
- Remove from oven and transfer the Silpat with the custard toast to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes
- Once ready to serve, flip over your Cook N Cool. Transfer the custard toast slices to Cook N Cool and cover the surface of the custard with sugar and torch until caramelized
- Garnish with chopped strawberries or your choice of fruit and cream